GAN is a leading business-to-business supplier of internet gambling software-as-a-service solutions predominantly to the U.S. land-based casino industry. GAN has developed a proprietary internet gambling enterprise software system, GameSTACK™, which it licenses to land-based casino operators as a turnkey technology solution for regulated real money internet gambling, encompassing internet casino gaming, retail and internet sportsbetting and virtual Simulated Gaming.
The Commercial Analyst, reporting to the SVP, Sales Operations will support sales leadership and the sales team as a whole. The Commercial Analyst will develop financial projections, guidance and processes and promote collaboration across multiple GAN teams to build consistent and comparable financial reporting, business projection, and market assessment models with high data integrity to give senior decision makers a sophisticated understanding results and opportunities for the GAN Commercial Team.
The Commercial Analyst will provide planning, reporting, analysis, and decision support to the Commercial Team. We are looking for an analyst with strong Finance and Accounting knowledge who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This Commercial Analyst will support both the planning for revenue, expenses, and resources; create month end reports; and collaborate with corporate stakeholders to carry out Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) responsibilities.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Work with Finance team members to create tools, standardized reports and establish best practices around financial reporting and analysis
- Assist in preparing presentations and supporting materials for management.
- Provide guidance, help set policies, and establish best practices around strategic planning and forecasting processes with Commercial and Corporate Finance team members
- Monitor department profit & loss, compare forecasts to actuals, and work with Corporate Finance to ensure efficient resource allocation
- Work with the Commercial Team leadership to complete assigned projects on strategy and priority opportunities.
- Provide sound strategic support on all issues relating to cost and financial processes/standards.
- Support the Commercial Team leadership and department head with ad hoc analysis, reporting, and special projects as needed
- Support Commercial Leadership in crafting and updating a competitor information database
- Manage the absorption, collation, and distillation of industry analysts reports, communicating key findings to Commercial Leadership
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Three years of experience in a related field
- General knowledge of full cycle accounting (GAAP) and Financial Statements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel with financial modelling experience
- Experience with creation of Salesforce reports and overall reporting functions
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position
Personal Skillset Requirements:
- Strong emotional IQ (EQ) and demonstrated ability to create relationships with new people quickly and easily and manage those relationships effectively over time
- High-energy, result driven, self-motivated, and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects
- Keen judgment to make sound independent decisions, and ability to listen to others, prioritize issues and when to escalate matters.
- Attention to detail to ensure the highest level of quality/rigor in analysis and recommendations.
- Strong problem-solving skills, logically and systematically.
- Ability to multi-task in an effective manner and to work successfully in a fast-paced and data rich environment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with solid listening, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Have the sense of urgency and teamwork to complete assignments on time and accurately.
- Proactive approach with the confidence and capability to act autonomously.
- Curious and deeply invested in learning about things beyond your own area of responsibility.
No significant travel requirements.