This role is specifically to join the environment v2 project which is being run under a large transformation programme of work. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting environment using the latest technologies. You will be comfortable working within an agile and creative development environment on a wide variety of exciting products and features, reacting to constantly evolving and rapidly expanding markets.
You should be passionate about quality with a proactive mindset. You will also need to work successfully in a fast-paced environment across many different platforms. You will work with highly technical colleagues and will be expected to contribute to feature development along with helping GAN build a robust automation framework that is being created from scratch.
It is important that you come on board as an expert in this field to drive best practices and ways of working from the start.
You will be working closely with developers, project managers, and other stakeholders throughout the Software Development Life Cycle. An understanding of the QA lifecycle within an agile SDLC framework is essential to this role.
Key skills are needed to implement automated test cases, assess what to automate and to help drive the team to deliver on time.
Excellent written and spoken English is critical as you will be required to communicate, not only within your squad, but across the entire Global organisation including line managers, delivery managers, executive committee members and our external Partners.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Working with the Environments squad to implement test policies and strategies for testing. The focus will be on testing all new environments using existing manual and automated testing scripts, adapting them to adhere to your test strategy as the project progresses.
- Creating automated testing solutions for backend services, websites, mobile web and apps across multiple platforms/
- Contributing to the automated pipelines that will build, run, test and release the environments as per the squad’s strategy and plan.
- Experience and understanding in creating both automated and manual tests to cover all levels of the test pyramid.
- Clear leadership of the automation initiatives in your squad with a view to share with the wider QA team too.
- Support the team in understanding test estimates for planning, and provide metric analysis and reports on the quality of product being produced.
- Collaboration with stakeholders, developers and product to ensure transparent communication.
- Delivery of solutions according to business requirements.
- Driving best practices in all aspects of testing and software development.
- Mentoring QA team members. This will include providing input on relevant courses or learning material that will help the team grow.
The ideal candidate must also have the following qualities:
- Strong knowledge of software testing and test methodologies
- Proven experience in building automated test solutions for API, mobile apps and web solutions.
- Proven experience in developing, maintaining and, preferable but not required, build CI/CD pipeline solutions.
- Experience with online gaming on both web and mobile platforms. (preferred, not essential)
- Experience with automation testing tools like Cucumber JVM, JBehave or similar.
- Experience with API testing tools like RestAssured or similar.
- Experience with JAVA (or another relevant programming language) based automated testing
- Experience with cloud based solutions, preferably AWS.
- Experience with BDD methodology and Gherkin Language
- Experience of testing applications using SQL databases
- Acute attention to detail
- Experience and aptitude in creating test scripts cases and then automating appropriate tests into
- new or existing frameworks.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to prioritise according to client and commercial needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Actively challenge, encourage and champion better quality standards.
- Experience using issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA / Bugzilla / Mantis)
- Good knowledge of different phases of test life cycle
- Strong logical / analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Positive, can do attitude
This role is likely to require travel to our offices globally from time to time.