The talented technology team develops proprietary in-house software running upon these technologies, which underpins gaming applications across multiple formats.
This role would join the growing Sofia based team where the Java Software Developer will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced and exciting environment using the latest technologies.
The employee in this position will be an enthusiastic, motivated and confident developer who will work directly with key stakeholders and closely with cross-functional development teams to deliver world-class software, meeting the highest standards of technical certification.
The employee in this role will work within the Java team and be involved in all aspects of Java development. This will involve working with technical colleagues, project managers and business owners to develop and maintain a multi-tier platform. Java Developers are expected to take ownership of development tasks and provide estimates and documentation for the chosen solution. Support will form part of the responsibilities and will involve liaising with internal personnel to help investigate and resolve issues.
Excellent written and spoken English is critical, as you will be required to communicate with colleagues, line managers and occasionally large multinational clients.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Working with project managers, business owners, and external customers to implement new projects and functionality in a fast paced agile environment
- Taking lead development roles on projects, including making architectural decisions, and taking responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- Maintenance of existing code including bug fixes and optimisations
- Identifying root cause of incidents to improve operational efficiency and deliver suitable solutions
- Enhancing our back-office tools, including identifying and implementing enhancements for teams such as Customer Services and Account Management as well as development
- Documenting developed solutions.
- 4+ years of experience Java
- Understanding of clean coding methodologies (SOLID, YAGNI)
- Deep understanding of microservices architecture and DDD (Domain Driven Design)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to various Client corporate cultures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution
- Demonstrate strong ability to contribute ideas and solutions which will make a real difference to this fast growing business in the exciting and evolving US gaming market
This role may require occasional travel to other GAN offices to facilitate training with other GAN team members.
GAN is committed building a diverse workforce. As an equal opportunity employer, we believe merit is everything and we consider qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability or long term condition, and need a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
GAN operates in a highly regulated environment, and candidates may be required to obtain a gaming license in one or more U.S. states or jurisdictions where GAN conducts business, which includes (but may not be limited to) an application requesting personal data, a criminal and credit check, and fingerprints. GAN will cover all costs and provide access to an Identity Protection program.