The cross-functional engineering team develops proprietary in-house B2B and B2C casino and sportsbook software in multiple jurisdictions both in the US and in the EU. GAN’s microservices based platform is built using modern tech stack using agile and clean coding methodologies and with strong focus in scalability and performance.
This role would join the growing London or Sofia based team where the successful candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced and exciting environment using the latest technologies. You will be comfortable in working within an agile and creative development environment on a wide variety of exciting products and features, reacting to constantly evolving and rapidly expanding market.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, motivated and confident developer who will work directly with key stakeholders and closely with cross functional development teams to deliver world-class software, meeting the highest standards of technical certification.
The successful candidate will work within a cross-functional team and be involved in all aspects of Java development. This will involve working with technical colleagues, project managers and product owners to develop and maintain a multi-tier platform. Successful candidates are expected to take ownership of development tasks and provide estimates and documentation for the chosen solution. Support will form part of the responsibilities and will involve liaising with internal personnel to help investigate and resolve issues.
Excellent written and spoken English is critical as you will be required to communicate with colleagues, line managers and occasionally large multinational clients.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Working with project managers, business owners, and external customers to implement new projects and functionality in a fast paced agile environment
- Taking lead development roles on projects, including making architectural decisions, and taking responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- Maintenance of existing code including bug fixes and optimisations
- Identifying root cause of incidents to improve operational efficiency and deliver suitable solutions
- Enhancing our back-office tools, including identifying and implementing enhancements for teams such as Customer Services and Account Management as well as development
- Documenting developed solutions.
The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic about their job. They must also have the following qualities:
- The ability to contribute ideas and solutions which will make a real difference to this fast growing business in the exciting and evolving US gaming market
- Experience working in small teams, using agile methods
- Results driven, assertive and independent
- Proven experience of working on multiple projects in a fast paced team whilst supporting others and self-managing workload within defined priorities
- Excellent communication skills
The following skills will be necessary to excel in this role:
- 3+ years of experience Java (preferably Java 8+)
- 2+ years of experience in Spring Boot
- REST and Web Services
- Unit Testing frameworks (Junit, Mockito)
- Build & Continuous Integration tools (Maven, Gradle, Jenkins);
- Basic understanding of microservices architecture and DDD (Domain Driven Design)
This role may require occasional travel to other GAN offices.
GAN is committed building a diverse workforce. As an equal opportunity employer, we believe merit is everything and we consider qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability or long term condition, and need a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
GAN operates in a highly regulated environment, and candidates may be required to obtain a gaming license in one or more U.S. states or jurisdictions where GAN conducts business, which includes (but may not be limited to) an application requesting personal data, a criminal and credit check, and fingerprints. GAN will cover all costs and provide access to an Identity Protection program.