This role will join our current QE team where the successful candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting environment using the latest technologies. You will learn to work within an agile and creative development environment on a wide variety of exciting products and features, reacting to a constantly evolving and rapidly expanding market.
GAN is growing. We operate more websites on more hardware, run a games studio on the verge of factory-line output, produce ever more products for our players, serve hundreds and hundreds of games from 3rd party integrations, and deliver ad hoc development requests for our partners.
GAN is looking for someone to join the team to help control quality through development environments, create test scenarios, and estimate tests for new requirements. You will report directly to the QE team lead, who will also teach the skills you need to manage and maintain the desired quality of GAN’s products.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
We need someone with a keen mind to organize and execute the testing part of software development for our catalogue of clients, commit to defined processes, sync with GAN’s many project teams’ and sustain quality through the environments, along with any administrative work to report on the outcomes
- Collaborate with both R&D and Product teams to find the best technical solution that suits the business needs.
- Have a critical eye for detail and be motivated to explore our products in pursuit of identifying problems that will be important for our customers.
- Define and implement quality assurance practices and procedures for the company's software.
- Design and implement tests.
- Work with business owners to develop acceptance criteria.
- Write test documentation such as test cases and scenarios.
- Troubleshooting test environment and application configuration issues.
The following skills will be necessary to excel in this role:
- Working within a squad you will be implementing test policies and strategies for testing, directed by the QA Manager. Both automated and manual
- Suggest improvements that could be made to improve the delivery and quality of our software
- Create both automated and manual tests to cover all levels of the test pyramid
- Supporting your squad in understanding test estimates for planning, and provide metric analysis and reports on the quality of product being produced
- Collaboration with stakeholders, developers and Product to ensure transparent communication
- Delivery of solutions according to business requirements
- Driving best practices in all aspects of testing and software development
- Assist in handover processes across our European and American offices
- Mentoring/knowledge sharing with team members
- Providing key reports required to measure our success and progress
- On a request basis, assist with post release payment testing on our live platform
- Other Quality Assurance duties, as assigned
The following skills will be beneficial:
- The ideal candidate must also have the following qualities:
- Strong knowledge of software testing and test methodologies
- Working experience with Java based automation testing tools like Cucumber JVM, JBehave, Selenium or similar
- Working experience with BDD methodology and Gherkin Language
- Experience of testing applications using SQL databases
- Experience testing mobile applications for IOS / Android etc.
- Acute attention to detail
- Experience and aptitude in creating test scripts cases and then automating appropriate tests into new or existing frameworks
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to prioritise according to client and commercial needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Being key in actively challenging, encouraging and championing for better quality standards within both your squad and the QA function
- Experience using issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA / Bugzilla / Mantis)
- Good knowledge of different phases of test life cycle
- Strong logical / analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Positive, can do attitude The following skills/experience would be beneficial
- Experience within the online gambling gaming industry
- ISEB/ISTQB certificate in software testing (Preferred, not essential)
- Experience testing mobile applications for IOS / Android etc.
This role may require occasional travel to other GAN offices.
GAN is committed building a diverse workforce. As an equal opportunity employer, we believe merit is everything and we consider qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability or long term condition, and need a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact email@example.com.
GAN operates in a highly regulated environment, and candidates may be required to obtain a gaming license in one or more U.S. states or jurisdictions where GAN conducts business, which includes (but may not be limited to) an application requesting personal data, a criminal and credit check, and fingerprints. GAN will cover all costs and provide access to an Identity Protection program.
- Sofia, Bulgaria
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
GAN is a leading business-to-business supplier of internet gaming software-as-a-service solutions predominantly to the U.S. land-based casino industry. Coolbet, a division of GAN, is a market-leading operator of proprietary online sports betting technology with market leadership positions in selected European and Latin American markets. GAN has developed a proprietary internet gaming enterprise software system, GameSTACK™, which it licenses to land-based casino operators as a turnkey technology solution for regulated real money internet gaming, encompassing internet gaming, internet sports gaming, and virtual Simulated Gaming.
To support our company mission, GAN publicly listed its shares on the NASDAQ stock exchange in May 2020 (NASDAQ: GAN), raising over $60M in expansion capital to cement GAN’s market position as a leading player in the fast-growing U.S. Internet gambling market. More recently, GAN acquired Vincent Group p.l.c. (“Coolbet”) a European B2C gambling provider, on January 4, 2021. GAN also brings the Coolbet sports engine technology to the U.S. to complement GAN’s B2B platform suite of services.
Loading application form
Already working at GAN?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.