The talented technology team develops proprietary in-house software running upon these technologies, which underpins gaming applications across multiple formats, including HTML5, Flash and native applications for Apple IOS and Android. Additionally, GAN creates and distributes casual mobile games applications such as Solitaire Quest, which are made available through the Apple App Store and Google Play.
This role would join the growing London based team where the successful candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced and exciting environment using the latest technologies. You will be comfortable in working within an agile and creative development environment on a wide variety of exciting products and features, reacting to constantly evolving and rapidly expanding market.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, motivated and confident developer who will work directly with key stakeholders and closely with cross-functional development teams to deliver world-class software, meeting the highest standards of technical certification.
The successful candidate will work within the Java team and be involved in all aspects of Java development. This will involve working with technical colleagues, project managers and business owners to develop and maintain a multi-tier platform. Successful candidates are expected to take ownership of development tasks and provide estimates and documentation for the chosen solution. Support will form part of the responsibilities and will involve liaising with internal personnel to help investigate and resolve issues.
Excellent written and spoken English is critical, as you will be required to communicate with colleagues, line managers and occasionally large multinational clients.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Working with project managers, business owners, and external customers to implement new projects and functionality in a fast paced agile environment
- Taking lead development roles on projects, including making architectural decisions, and taking responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- Maintenance of existing code including bug fixes and optimisations
- Identifying root cause of incidents to improve operational efficiency and deliver suitable solutions
- Enhancing our back-office tools, including identifying and implementing enhancements for teams such as Customer Services and Account Management as well as development
- Documenting developed solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of experience Java (preferably Java 8)
- Clean coding methodologies (SOLID, YAGNI)
- Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Extensive experience with REST
- Good understanding of microservices architecture and DDD (Domain Driven Design)
- Unit testing frameworks (Junit, Mockito)
- Event driven architectures based in RabbitMQ or Kafka
- NoSQL (Cassandra/Mongo)
- In-memory caches (Redis, Hazelcast)
- BDD Concepts
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Confident, strategic thinker
- Strong presentations skills
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to various Client corporate cultures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution
- Demonstrate strong ability to contribute ideas and solutions which will make a real difference to this fast growing business in the exciting and evolving US gaming market
This role may require travel, as mutually agreed from time to time. International travel to GAN’s European offices may be required to facilitate training with other GAN team members